< Things I Can't Say: One Year of Blog Friend Feature!

This Page

has been moved to new address

One Year of Blog Friend Feature!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Friday, June 10, 2011

One Year of Blog Friend Feature!

One year ago tomorrow, I introduced the very first Blog Friend Feature here on Things I Can't Say. When I started it, I thought that it might be a summer feature, but after seeing your response to BFF, I decided to continue it- and now here we are: a year later!

As long as the BFFs continue to get new friends from their feature day, we'll continue to have BFFs each week!







The first week of January, I did a recap of the first 30 BFFS.  There have been 20 more since then and I'd like to recap them, too. In case you are wondering how my math adds up to one year: 30+20+1 recap post+1 week when Blogger wouldn't let me post=52 weeks.


How to Survive Life in the Suburbs

Unexplained x2

Kludgy Mom

Boobies, Babies, and a Blog

Seven Clown Circus

Single Mom in the South

Glamamom

Theta Mom

Parenting by Dummies

Best of Fates

Sellabit Mum

Dutch being Me

Four Plus an Angel

I'm Living Proof God Has a Sense of Humor

My Crazy Busy Life

Peanut Butter in My Hair

Good Day, Regular People

Emmy Mom

View from the Shoe

Mom Tried It

Take a look at the list and see if you know all of those bloggers! If not, go meet someone new. And if you do know them all, take a look at the first recap post to see if you can find a blog that you don't know yet.  Or, P.S. you could click on the "Blog Friend Feature" label below to bring up all of the BFF posts.

Some of you were asking me how you could be the Blog Friend Feature.  It's easy: just have a blog of your own and be an active part of the community here at Things I Can't Say.  I keep a running list of people I'd love to feature and try to work my way through it. If you haven't been featured yet(especially if you are new to my blog), thanks for your patience!

Labels:

58 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love all the blogs on your list! What a great year!

June 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on one year! 50+ BFFs! How awesome is that? :-)

June 10, 2011 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy Birthday BFF! Thanks, Shell, for being such good friend to the all of us in the blogosphere!

June 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Kmama said...

I can't believe it's been a year already!! Very cool.

June 10, 2011 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Tina @ Life Without Pink said...

Wow Shell congrats on the one year anniversary of BFF. So honored to be part of it and can't wait to read more! It's always fun :)

June 10, 2011 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Sugar Bear said...

A year sure does go fast! So happy to be a part of the first year but I have a lot of catching up to do since I missed so many.
Glad it was a true success!

June 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger The Random Blogette said...

That is so awesome that you have kept this up for a year! You have introduced me to several new blogs that I adore! I was so honored when I was a BFF. Can't wait for another year of BFFs!

June 10, 2011 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Some of my favorite blogs are on that list, and you've introduced me to some new ones! I know I've said it before, but you're an awesome blog friend!

June 10, 2011 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

The blogosphere is a better place because of you, Shell. Thanks for featuring such great bloggers and introducing them to us! xo

June 10, 2011 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger BNM said...

great job Shell :)

June 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Galit Breen said...

What a fabulous feature with rockin' "alumni"! Congrats on 1 year and YAY- I can't wait for Rockin the Bump!

June 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

It's great to see the recap every now and then. And that's so awesome it's been going strong for a year! Have a great weekend!

June 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Evonne said...

I can't believe BFF has been going for a year! That's awesome! The list of bloggers is awesome, too.

June 10, 2011 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

I love knowing that I get to meet someone new every Friday with you....I know all of these bloggers because of you.

I can't wait for YEAR 2!!!! Congratulations sweetie!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housemommy said...

Wow, Shell. I'm excited to say that I have met many of these great ladies through you. Thanks for keeping this feature going...you DO know how to pick the good ones!

June 10, 2011 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger A Mommy in the City said...

I love this feature! I have met so many amazing people and blogs through it!

June 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Tractor Mom said...

Congrats on the year of the BFF! I have really enjoyed them and see a few that I have missed!

Come by when you can...
www.frugaltractormom.com

June 10, 2011 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger michellespann said...

I love it that I know most of the people listed up there! :) I'm going to check out the ones I don't know :)

I wanna be a BFF someday :)

June 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Oka said...

you got a good thing going here :D

June 10, 2011 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger MommaKiss said...

A whole year!! Gah!!

June 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

You are one amazing lady!
I know I have found a good blog when I see your face/comment etc pop up on their blog roll or blog post. You are such a supportive blogger. Lucky to "know" you!

June 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger beenomom said...

I love the BFF feature. I have found many new amazing women through reading about them first here on your blog! Awesome way to connect with new bloggers you might otherwise not get the chance to know! Keep it up!

June 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I love this feature and I'm so happy to be a part of it! I also look forward to it every week...I have found some really cool new blogs through BFF!

June 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous bluecottonmemory said...

Congrats on one year of your project! I love your project - it is so encouraging!

June 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I feel so privileged to have been your very first BFF ever....you will ALWAYS be my Bloggy BFF! :)

June 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yay! New blogs to check out! I hope someday I am your BFF! :)

June 10, 2011 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Courtney K. said...

I absolutely love this feature of your blog. I look forward to it every week, and always meet great new bloggers here. Congrats on one year! Looking forward to year number 2!

June 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Cindi said...

I have found some really good blogs by this feature. Glad your summer project turned into a regular feature. :)

June 10, 2011 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

This is such a great feature! I like the recaps... It makes it easy for me to go back and see any blogs I haven't read yet! Looking forward to reading more!

June 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Debby@Just Breathe said...

You should be very proud of yourself to come up with something that has taken off and is popular!
Congratulations on a year of I'm A BFF!

June 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BFF anniversary! :) There are some fab bloggers on your list up there!

June 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

YAY! Looking forward to working my way through the recap list for the ones I haven't seen yet!

Happy BFF Anniversary!

June 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Hutch said...

I love your BFF! I get to meet new peeps and see some of my faves outside of their blogs!

June 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that you did this re-cap. Great way to check out some new blogs I haven't visited before and follow some new folks on Twitter.

And regarding your Pour Your Heart out post, I hope you're in better spirits. don't ever be afraid to ask for help! You'd be surprised how many people around you are willing to lend a hand if they only know you need it. :-)

June 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Not a Perfect Mom said...

I found quite a few that I love, whom I didn't know, through your BFF...love it!
and you're so diligent, I can't believe you never missed a week! *impressed*

June 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You are such an awesome friend and blogger. By the way, I thought this looong before you asked me to be a BFF. ;)

June 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

I always look forward to your BFF features! Any friend of yours...

I'm already following a bunch of these blogs.

June 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Missy | Literal Mom said...

There are a bunch of great ones on this list and a few new ones for me too - looking forward to becoming a subscriber (on a day when my kids aren't chomping at the bit to get to day 2 of a local festival). :) Have a great weekend.

June 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for featuring the shoebox last year Shell! It's still my favorite blog day! :) I'm off to check out some of these ladies.

June 10, 2011 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger KSK said...

Congrats on doing the BFF for a year! I love that you do it, I have found great blogs through it!

June 10, 2011 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger HopefulLeigh said...

Wow! I can't believe you've been doing this for a whole year. You just proved you are the Friendliest Blogger Ever.

June 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is awesome that your idea for a summer feature turned into a regular thing.

June 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congraulations on a whole year! I love getting to "meet" your BFF every week.
Thanks for sharing.

June 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Congrats on the BFF anniversary! I really do like this feature on your blog. Way to go :)

June 10, 2011 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Lourie said...

Wow! Congratulations! I love this feature. And I am just waiting my turn. Like Dory saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" :D

June 11, 2011 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Babes Mami said...

how did I miss boobies being a your bff!?

Seems like just yesterday you started this feature!

June 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This is like a summer blog reading list -- AWESOME :)

June 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some of my favorites are on that list! :)

June 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I am absolutely going to go check some of those out!

June 12, 2011 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's great that you do this. Such a great way to spread bloggy love. I used to host a weekly Helping the Little Guy feature where I'd feature a new blogger each week that had less than x amount of followers, I stopped it, but maybe I'll start it up again.

June 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Wow, look at that list!! It was such an honor to be included!!!

June 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Emmy said...

Thank you for doing this! It is amazing/crazy how many bloggers there are out there and so it is good to have an easy way to find more good ones.

June 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Elena Wollborg said...

I'm glad you posted all of these blogs! There are actually only a few that I've never been to and I will definitely go check them out!

June 12, 2011 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Slamdunk said...

You are doing a good thing with this feature Shell. Off to click on some of your links...

June 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger mypixieblog said...

I always look forward to your BFF--can't believe it's already been a year! Congrats on all the success you've had with it, and thank you for introducing me to some wonderful bloggers.

XOXO

June 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I have found so many good blogs with your BFF feature.

I began here, with my first days of blogging, b/c you got me so connected.

Thanks for this, Shell.

Many more to you!

June 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love this! What a great way to meet other bloggers! Thanks!

June 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

New to your blog and I love the idea!

June 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home