< Things I Can't Say: Partying with the UBP2011

This Page

has been moved to new address

Partying with the UBP2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Partying with the UBP2011


It's time again for the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom.  The party goes until April 8th, so you can join in, too!


If you are new here from the party, I'm Shell and this is Things I Can't Say- all the things I probably shouldn't say outloud irl unless I want to be given grief from family and friends for actually stating my opinions! But here, I can spill it all!


From parenting fails- and there are a lot with my three boys, to marriage, to trying to figure out friendship after motherhood- it's all here.


Every Wednesday, I host a Pour Your Heart Out linky where you can write a post that you consider is heart-pouring and link up with us.



And every Friday, I have a Blog Friend Feature(BFF) where I feature a blogger that you should be reading.


I love twitter- you can find me there @shellthings or like me on facebook- you can do that right in my sidebar!

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave the link to your Blog Party post and I'll go visit you, too!

Labels:

61 Comments:

Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Party, party! :-)

April 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger TerriG said...

Hey Shell:
This is my first UBP. I see a week of no housework and easy diinners at my place.
Have a great weekend!
~Terri G.

http://www.accidentallyhomeschooling.com/2011/04/its-all-about-me.html?m=0

April 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Tonya said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! It was so nice to have a visitor! This is my first time with UBP as well. Your blog is soooo cute! I love the Blog Friend Feature - too, how awesome! Anyway, thank you and have a great day!

April 2, 2011 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Ashley P. said...

thanks for partying with me! I'm here to party with you!

April 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by our party! Great to meet you, you have a great blog here! We are now followers!

April 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger @Dayngr said...

Hi Hi Hi! Nice to find ya via the UBP. Cute blog design too.

Have a great weekend!

@Dayngr

April 2, 2011 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is my first UBP and I'm enjoying meeting new blog friends!

April 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What fun to see you at the party!

April 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Franklin said...

thanks for coming by!

April 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger S Club Mama said...

Shell, thanks for stopping by my blog. Oh your blog is cute. I love your title and I love the Blog friend feature - that's so fun!

April 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

This is my first UBP! Thanks for coming by. We boy moms have to stick together, don't we?!!!

Great to meet you!

April 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger TLF said...

Happy UBP'ing week!!!

April 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger The Suburban Princess said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am following you back now!

P.S. I am emailing you the code for my button and I am adding yours to my blogroll too!

April 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I am following you. Great blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

April 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I didn't join the UBP! Opps:(

April 2, 2011 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I LOVE the heart pouring ideas.... plan on seeing some linkups from me in the future!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now a follower of yours! :)

-Meredith

April 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Paula @ Simply Sandwich said...

Hi Shell! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I just love your meme ideas! Very creative and I can wait to read more! Will be following!:)
~ Paula

April 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Bitterroot Mama said...

What a party! Thanks for stopping by. I love your blog. I can't wait to get all the updates while I follow along.

April 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous New To Mom said...

Thanks so much for stopping by New to Mom and following.
I love the idea behind your blog. There is so much that I feel like I can't say and I just wish I had the guts to say them on my blog.

The Ultimate Blog Party is so fun, isn't it?

April 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Eos Mom said...

Thanks for visiting me! I'm so glad to have found your blog--I'll totally be joining you for Pour Yur Heart Out Wednesdays!

April 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

It's not a party without you! :) Yay! :)

April 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like the idea for your blog. I'll definitely be reading more. It's nice to meet you! Have a great day!

April 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger La Maison Chic said...

Hey here from UBP 2011! Thanks for visiting my site..I am now partying with ya! Following you too!

April 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Bite Size Chef said...

Hello! Just stopping by on the UBP11 Tour! I love your site and hope you will stop by mine!

I have followed you and would love for you to follow us, too!

I own a COOKING STORE FOR KIDS called BITE SIZE CHEF - I'd love you to stop by http://www.BiteSizeChef.com.

Our blog, Little Bites, http://www.bitesizechef.blogspot.com.

Our Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bite-Size-Chef

Our Twitter http://twitter.com/bitesizechef

Nice meeting you!
Chris

April 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great blog! I am excited to keep up with it, now that we have been introduced through UBP!

April 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've really enjoyed UBP!

April 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Christi Crow said...

So Glad to have found your blog! Love it! Also, thanks for stopping by My Wish For You!

April 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM  
Anonymous OneMommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog from the UBP. I love meeting other former teachers turned SAHM.
I just read your People of Walmart... I Mean, the Gym post.... Too funny.
Have fun at the party!

April 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Cheeseboy said...

This party seems to estrogen filled. I'll return later.

April 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Gwen said...

I love the idea of a Pour Your Heart Out Party!

Thanks so much for visiting Wit!

April 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Shell! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. If you can survive three kids in three years, then I have hope for survival too!

Giving you a follow back, I love your blog!

April 2, 2011 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by!!!! Your blog sounds pretty fun! There are some things I can't say or shouldn't!

April 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I'm visiting from the UBP. I'm off to explore your site a little more.

April 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Bec@littlelucylu said...

Such a cool blog! Nice to meet you at the BLOG PARTY! :-)
~Bec

April 2, 2011 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm enjoying the inspiration I'm getting from the UBP, it's nice to see so many awesome blogs in one place!!

April 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by for the UBP - I'm following now and look forward to reading more about you and your family!
Amber :)

April 3, 2011 at 2:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I joined the party, too. I have been a slacker and haven't gone to a many blogs as I had hoped by now, but I will tonight. That is when I get to be all "bloggy". ;)

April 3, 2011 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

I love the idea of the Blog Friend Feature, I will have to pop back over here after the UBP this week!

Thanks for visiting me at Mom and More

Now following you via google friend connect!

April 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Love your Weds link up idea, I might have to try that. Thanks for stopping by it is wonderful to meet you, I am also following your great blog :)

April 3, 2011 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by This Farm Family's Life! I can't wait to read more of your blog.

www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

April 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Emma's Lunch said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Emma's Lunch! I'm your newest follower!

April 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Here for the Party!!! So great to meet you and I am looking forward to reading more.

I am your newest follower :-)

joy & blessings to you,
Alida

April 3, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

Thanks for dropping by AppHipMom.
When you have some time, download some free apps to your iPhone. Give it a try and you'll be hooked!

I love the concept of your blog!

Happy UBP!!

http://apphipmom.com

April 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Lourie said...

A party? Sound like fun!!

April 3, 2011 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger katsidhe said...

What a cute idea! I would absolutely love to join, but I wouldn't link my blog unless I have time to reciprocate and I'm going to have such a crazy week that I know I won't have time. (I'm still catching up from Friday on my blog roll >_<)

I'm following you now though, so if/when there's another, I'll party with ya'all then. :)

April 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Shell, thanks for popping over. You might want to come back and enter my Easter giveaway.

April 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger Annabeaninc said...

Hello! Just stopping by from the UBP11 Party. I love the idea behind Things I Can't Stay and I'm looking forward to keep reading.

I have followed you and would love for you to follow us too!

I own an online children's store with specialty items and gifts for mom. Here's our blog:

http://blog.annabean.com/

April 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Hi! I'm Jessica... said...

Great tips in the post above! A must read for everyone! Stopping by to thank you for visiting my blog and follow you too! Looking forward to reading more on your blog :)

April 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger TheSmellyArmpit said...

Thanks so much for visiting! wahoo for UBP2011!!!

April 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Jeannie said...

Hello Shell! I'm excited about your blog. I definitely want to participate some time on Pour Your Heart Out. I have a few ideas on what to write about. I'm also looking forward to your next BFF. Oh, and THANKS for stopping by my blog for UBP!

April 4, 2011 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Here for the Ultimate Blog Par-tay! Love your blog so far- you have yourself a brand spankin' new follower!

April 4, 2011 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Cheeky D said...

Stopping by from UBP...this blog sounds hilarious. My husband actually thought about starting one like this but decided he would probably get caught. Thanks for stopping by my blog...excited to read about the things that NEED to be said.

April 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your button - I wanted to post it before I even read you. I have gotten in trouble already for posting things I should not say. I applaud your courage and look forward to checking in on you.

April 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to have an outlet for things you can't say! I've considered starting up a truly anonymous blog where I could share more freely, but truly anonymous doesn't really exist and a fourth blog would probably kill me.

April 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Mommy Shorts said...

Hi there! So glad to have recently become blogging buddies! Can't wait for the next opportunity to share a drink in real life:)

April 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Lauren A. said...

Thanks so much for your comment! Your blog is awesome! I love your flip-flop signature! So cute!

I'm visiting back from Sweet Southern Mama!
{sweetsouthernmama.blogspot.com/}

April 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Craptastic Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog! Following back, and looking forward to reading more. I am digging what I see so far. The mama body! Fan-effing-tastic!
Nice to meet you -
Craptastic Mommy

April 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger NANCY said...

Just stopping on over from the UBP11 to party with you!! LOL.

Nancy

http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com/

April 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Karina Wetzel said...

Hello! Lovely Blog!! It is very nice to meet you and I'm very excited to be part of the UBP for the first Time...

I'm now following you via GFC!

Karina
http://karinaschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-party.html

April 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Stopping by from the UBP (late as usual). Thanks for visiting me. I am going to check out the Pour Your Heart out posts next week, although I don't know if I'd be brave enough to actually write one.

Anne @ Upstate Ramblings

April 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger ***Sharon*** said...

Hi Shell! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog during the UBP and commenting! I'm SO behind in all this....only now attempting to catch up! Hope you win something fabulous! (ME TOO!) Love your post on EZ-Meals....may have to look into that! Have a great weekend!

April 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home