< Things I Can't Say: You Can Quote MEme

This Page

has been moved to new address

You Can Quote MEme

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, February 15, 2010

You Can Quote MEme

Okay, that's enough of the sappy from me.

Back to typical Shell.

Supahmommy and MommyBrain's All About MEme subject for the week is: What is your favorite quote and why?

Well, because every quote I can think of- with the exception of As Good As It Gets' "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here." which is our family motto- are sappy, I'm going with something slightly different.

Once upon a time, at the end of my college days, I was addicted to a little show called Dawson's Creek. The whole will-they-or-won't-they and then Pacey-or-Dawson thing had me riveted. I thought I could have been Joey Potter in another life.

Every Wednesday, from 8-9pm, no one was to bother me. Ah, the days before dvr.

A boyfriend once called me at 8:55 on a Wednesday night: right at the end of the show- critical defining moment/cliffhanger time. I answered the phone by screeching, "What the hell are you thinking? It's not 9pm yet!" And then I hung up on him.

In case you're wondering, he later apologized profusely for that. And then I dumped him shortly after that for being spineless. *Shrugs*

But, back to my love affair with the show. I would watch with anticipation and end up sobbing my way through many shows.

Even if you never saw an episode how dare you, you can still appreciate some of my favorite quotes from the show. Remarkably deep, coming from teenagers. 

****

Dawson: But what good is their love if it's not strong enough to overcome those circumstances?
Joey: Because in spite of the circumstances... they never stop loving.

****

Jen: Don't give up on your lost causes, you never know when your luck will change.

****

Jack: I don't believe in perfect love. But I do believe that there are people whose lives are inextricably intertwined.
****

Mr. Brooks: Do you know why so many great pictures are about love triangles? Simple. For every piece of happiness, there's also a piece of unhappiness. If you haven't told both sides, you haven't told the whole story.

 ****

Pacey: I don’t regret anything because it’s life’s little twists and turns and bumps and bruises that make you who you are. Why would I regret that?
****

Do you have a favorite quote? Click the button to link up or to read more quotes.

Btw, wanna see how Dawson's Creek had far reaches? Check out this quote from the show from May of 2001: Dawson: It's become obvious to me that in life, you're either a Mac person or you're a PC person. The choice defines you.
Photobucket

Labels:

52 Comments:

Blogger Adoption of Jane said...

HAHAHA My daughter use to make me watch DC with her! Glad your outta SappyVille.. my single butt didn't even go there yesterday!

February 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger T.J. said...

Oh yeah- Dawson's Creek. All my roommates watched it religiously. I used to make fun of 'em until one day I say down for an episode... ahhhh, Pacey!!!!

February 15, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Kmama said...

I LOVED Dawson's Creek. It was part of our "routine" in college. We'd watch that and 90210 together in our dorm room. LOL

Great quotes.

February 15, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger rachel... said...

I was more of a 90210 girl... And I've got a lot of my favortie quotes in my blog's sidebar!

February 15, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Oka said...

I like Mr. Brooks quote, that is very true, even if you aren't talking about love triangles

February 15, 2010 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Evonne said...

I loved that show!

The last quote from Pacey is great!

February 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Tracie said...

I wasn't into DC. I was a 90210/Melrose addict. I still get lost in marathons of those shows.

February 15, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Liz Mays said...

Now is that the show where they did that absolutely hilarious SNL spoof with the shooting? OMG, I loved that!!!!

February 15, 2010 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Aww I loved that show...I also loved 90210...ok, basically, I loved every soapy teenage drama on TV during the 90s. Great quotes, I think the last one is my favorite.

February 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh I am sorry I never got into that show. I knew about it. I am so like that with Grey's and some other shows. I do love my t..v. I hope you have a great week. On Friday I am hosting my Family Fridays. It is a time to share a story about someone in your family if you want to stop by..

February 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

OMG Dawsons' and Felicity,,, all phone calls were TOTALLY banned the whole two hour stint.

so much joy!

February 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I loved Dawson's Creek too. Those kids were deep.

February 15, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

total flasback!

February 15, 2010 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Vodka Logic said...

I was too "old" when that show was running.. have seen a few reruns.

I was into, dare I say, Falcons Crest..

February 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger tessica said...

great quotes!!
and oooo pacey i miss your pretty face!

February 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Shannon K. said...

Okay, I love that Jack quote too. Also, I get totally irritated with Andy if he is away from the house, and either calls or shows up in the middle of a show I watch. I don't watch many, so when I do, I want peace and freakin' quiet.

February 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED Dawson's Creek. In fact, I used to watch it with a "guy friend" on the phone. That's right. We'd have a phone date to watch DC. I was obsessed.

February 15, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Sassy Salsa girl said...

I used to be a PC person. But ever since my husband got a Mac I have changed sides, I think its a better definition.

I never really got into Dawson's Creek, but I think its mostly because we could never get it in clearly on my old TV back home. Thank goodness for cable....
;D

February 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger The Princess of Sarcasm said...

I'm too old for DC. I was more a 90210 girl. But I'm trying to hold on to my youth by being a MAC!!!

February 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I'm ashamed...I never watched it :(

February 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Crazed Mama said...

Dawson~ swoon~

February 15, 2010 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Dot Com said...

I loved dawsons creek too...pacey was a cutey! never was a big fan of jen....was always team joey! :)

http://justcherishtoday.blogspot.com

February 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Dot Com said...

I loved dawsons creek too...pacey was a cutey! never was a big fan of jen....was always team joey! :)

http://justcherishtoday.blogspot.com

February 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Honey B. said...

I never got into DC! :-(

But speaking of quotes, I actually spent sometime online trying to find this one certain quote, and I found it! Its now the marquee on my screensaver at work.

Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that, its called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar. -Drew Carey

February 15, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I really like Jack's quote. Nice vocab. ;)

February 15, 2010 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

ok well i never saw that show - i was too old for it to appeal to me. i think. i am the 90210 generation. and am profoundly embarrassed about THAT.

thanks for sharing the quotes

February 15, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Foursons said...

Hate to burst your bubble but those quotes aren't by teenagers, but by the script writers who are adults. Unless of course these were said outside of the show.

February 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I never did get into the DC thing. My guilty pleasure was One Tree Hill. There are some classic lines in that show, too!

February 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Ah yes, wisdom from The Creek! :-D But the line from "As Good As It Gets" definitely works for so many people! ;-)

February 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Sonora said...

I have to admit I never watched Dawson's Creek. I will say those are some pretty good quotes though.

February 15, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger MommyBrain said...

Oh how I LOVE Dawson's Creek! I am a big fan of Pacey :) I watch Fringe just to stare at him and hear his voice! This show - as evident from your quotes - was ahead of its time and a classic!

February 15, 2010 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never got into Dawson's Creek, however, I was a HUGE Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel fan.

We all have our weaknesses!

February 15, 2010 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Lothiriel said...

I never saw that show...I was more a funny sitcome type of gal...still am.

February 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *gasp* never watched Dawsons Creek. Not once. Zilch. Never watched 90210 or Friends either (well, I have watched Friends reruns - just never watched them when they came out!)

Some very powerful quotes though! I am guessing teenagers didn't actually come up with them... oops... hope I didn't ruin it for you... LOL

February 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

well I am PC in transition to a Mac...scary world to move from one to the other. My fav quote at the moment is a bit more brief -- I can only please one person per day, today is not your day and tomorrow does not look good either.

February 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I remember the quote from As Good As It Gets. Very good movie....funny quote!

I have never watched Dawson's Creek though.

February 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Epiphius said...

I've never seen Dawson's Creek, but it seems like they had some decent writers for a high school drama!

February 15, 2010 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger freckletree said...

dearest shell. i thought you were really drop a bomb when you started with "in college i was addicted to:"-- wait-- i guess you did.

i also love that you can't just have ONE favorite quote from dawson's creek.

my quote is regarding the just dance competition.

“My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't think about it, I just have it.” Arnold Schwartzenegger

oops! wrong one!

here, i found it:

“If it bleeds, we can kill it.”

that's right, bring it bitchez.

February 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh, Dawson.

I didn't start watching that show until it was well into reruns on TBS. One day, I accidentally saw the very first episode. When I realized what they were doing, I set my alarm for 8:55am every day so I could watch that show before class.

One of my family's favorite quotes is from Bull Durham: The world is made for people who are not cursed with self awareness.

We say that whenever we run into someone stupid.

February 15, 2010 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger MrsBlogAlot said...

I've never seen DC. I think I'm in the same Melrose group up there

I try to retain quotes but they just run right through me like mexican food (-:

February 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I never saw Dawsons Creek....

I love the sell crazy quote tho! My family needs that one,especially with the SIL's!!

February 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

Oh man, I don't even know what I'd put as my favorite quote. There are just TOO MANY CHOICES

February 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Ducky said...

Hi

My name is Daffy and I'm a PC

Never watched Dawsons Creek...I'm guessing it would play on that thing people call a T.V. I'm not real sure I remember what that is, its been so long since I've seen one in action....

February 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

This cracked me up! I used to love love love Dawson's Creek. And isn't it funny to think of those days before DVR? I'm so used to having everything right at the tip of my fingers!

February 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen that show but they are great quotes.

February 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Daisygirl said...

I still love Dawsons Creek! I was so sad when they stopped playing the syndicated episodes! I so loved Pacey!

February 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Juliana said...

I should have joined today! I was just not online! Darnit. I love quotes and I love Dawsons my roommate and I did the same thing. We would sit on the couch with a bottle of lotion each--oh, that sounds so wrong ha ha well we would each lay on one side and we would give each other foot rubs while we watched and we would NEVER let our boyfriends call during the show!!!!!

February 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

You make me laugh! I never watched Dawson's Creek, I know, how dare I, but I still watch Friends and quote them often! The good shows never die!

February 15, 2010 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Grilled Cheese said...

Mmmm, The Creek. How I loved/hated you. Often at the same time.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Moonstruck and is said by Cher:

In time, you'll drop dead and I'll come to your funeral in a red dress!

I have always wanted to say that to someone.

February 15, 2010 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Twincerely,Olga said...

those are fabulous!heehee!! I liked that show!! they were all so cute!

February 16, 2010 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that show.

Yes, I used present tense, love.

I haven't seen every episode, but I've seen a lot of them...hm. Maybe I will buy the seasons...

xoxo

February 16, 2010 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Ha hahahahahah
my sister watched that show .... lmaooo

I just made fun of it.

Damn that Katie.... she got tom cruise out of that.

wait.. *remembering what tom cruise is like now..*.

she can have him.

IMA MAC PERSON !

xoxo
supah

February 17, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home