< Things I Can't Say: You Know What Rockin' the Bump Leads to? Find Out What's Next!

This Page

has been moved to new address

You Know What Rockin' the Bump Leads to? Find Out What's Next!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, June 20, 2011

You Know What Rockin' the Bump Leads to? Find Out What's Next!

All of your adorable baby bumps linked up for Rockin' the Bump have given me baby fever!  We have almost 200 linkers so far and the linky doesn't close until tonight. We got lots of attention, even getting a write up over on Babble!

If you haven't joined in, there is still time! And be sure to visit the other baby bump mamas- it's a great way to get to find new blogs to read!




 

Looking at all the belly pics made me pout a little and wished I could rock a new bump because:

1. I never did all the cute week-by-week or even month-by-month belly pics.

2. I never got professional preggo pics taken.

3. Pregnancy would give me a ton of new blog topics.

4. I could wear a bikini this summer and have people oooh and aw over my belly.

5. My maternity clothes are cuter than my regular clothes. Even though I've given most of them away.

6. Having another baby could even things up around here. If we had four kids, everyone would have a partner for the rides at an amusement park.

7. I love getting to hear the baby's heartbeat and feeling him(you know it would be another "him") move around.

8.  It would be fun to try to Zumba with a big ol' bump.

9.  Hubs treats me like a queen when I'm pregnant. I like being Queen.

10.  I would totally tweet my labor.

But, then I remember:

My "baby" just turned 3 and is almost out of diapers. He's going to preschool, while the other two will be in full-day school for the first time this fall. OMG, there will be QUIET. And NO DIAPERS.  Plus, Hubs manned up and had the big snip-snip two years ago.

So, no more babies for me.

But, I still have baby fever.  Might as well roll with it!



 
Button by Jess at Frilly Coconut
 

Link up a favorite baby pic... or favorite baby picS if you can't pick just one!
Not a mama yet? You can even share a baby pic of YOU if you want to join in. Or pics of a special baby in your life. Any adorable baby cuteness will do!
Linky will open at midnight ET on Monday, July 11 and close at 11:59pm on Monday, July 18th.
We will have sponsors for this next event, so there will be a chance for you to win some prizes, just by linking up! Hope you will join in and make this another fabulous event!

Labels: , ,

78 Comments:

Blogger Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

You crack me up, Shell! I go through phases like that too, where I think I want another one... and then I snap out of it until the next time!

June 20, 2011 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Kiddothings said...

You come up with the coolest linkies. I didn't link up to Rockin the Bump cause my pictures totally sucked. But, I'm definitely linking up with this one. Thanks! And, yes all the Rockin bumpin pictures made me crave to be pregnant again.

June 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to join up!

June 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Leigh Powell Hines said...

That is awesome. Congrats! I could never get mine together with all that was going on, but...loved looking at them.

Great work!

June 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger McKenna said...

Oh my gosh I was reading and scrolling rapidly waiting for you to say you were pregnant.
I guess a baby pic link up is the next best thing. :)

June 20, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This another great idea! I will be marking my calendar.

June 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger angela said...

So cute!!

And you are giving me baby fever, too, despite the snip snip in our house.

I wonder what the mailman is doing this afternoon? Absolutely kidding, messing with the mail(man) is a federal offense!

June 20, 2011 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I totally belly laughed at your "I'd tweet my labor!"

THAT is reason enough to have another, Shell! :)

You'd probably go down in Twitter history, too.

See you in a few days!

June 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Great idea. Who doesn't love looking at baby photos? Mean, ugly people you don't want to be friends with, that's who.

June 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been LOVING the baby bellies! I would have joined in but I would have had to scan pics in and well, that's a whole other issue! Can't wait for some baby faces!!

June 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger BNM said...

Oh how fun :)
I'm in!
Oh I can't wait until I get pregnant again and get to experience all that it was the most amazing thing ever.

June 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What a perfect follow up to the bump! Now time to find the best baby pics. Great idea!

June 20, 2011 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Look at you with all these wonderful ideas :) I know looking at all those "bump" pictures make me miss feeling pregnant then I have to snap back to reality and remember the whole swollen feet/legs or the fact I couldn't walk b/c of a pain in my butt/hip. But I know I'll do it again just to feel that baby move :)

June 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know it'll be hard to come up with *just* one (or ten) cute kid photos :)

Loved your list, esp. 9.

June 20, 2011 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Amber Page Writes said...

Want my own bump! Now if only I could convince the hub...never mind that mine should be almost out of diapers soon...

June 20, 2011 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Evonne said...

I love the pictures of those who linked. I already have baby fever and this certainly hasn't helped - lol!

I have exactly 1 belly pic that I know of and I can't find it. So frustrating! But baby pics? Those I have a ton of!

June 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Mama S said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it!

I loved both of my second trimesters. They were just wonderful for those few months. I remember right after I had both of mine that I had withdrawals from feeling them move. Of course we might have another one so I just keep thinking I may get to feel them and have then all to myself one more time!

June 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Elena Wollborg said...

I love it! I wanted to do rockin the bump - but I seriously had 1 pic and it was awful! I'm so in for rockin the baby, though!

June 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't get any belly pics when I was pregnant either.. but I will TOTALLY be playing the next one.. I too have baby fever and my hubby had the snip snip as well.. sobs...

June 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Emmy said...

Oh yea! I always love showing off baby pictures :)

June 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love love babies, and I agree with all of your statements - but I do not have baby fever. I am happy to almost be getting my boobs back! :)

June 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Style and You! said...

I love this idea! So cute, :) I should totally post a pic of my favorite ultrasound pic of my baby :)

June 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ha! I know seeing all those bumps does make you want go back to being pregnant, huh? Which makes rocking the baby pictures the next next best thing. Sweet idea!

Will definitely be linking up. But will seeing all those adorable baby pics makes us long for another baby? Uh oh, dangerous...:-))

June 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Erica@PLRH said...

My "baby" will be 15 this week. I wish I had done the regular baby bump update photos too. I also wish I had professional photos taken. Let's see, what else? I wish it had been more socially acceptable to wear clothes that showed off the bump rather than hide it. All of my maternity clothes were enormous!

June 20, 2011 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is going to be SO Fun!! :D

June 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Finding the perfect baby pics will be so hard but worth the challenge.

June 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Some of those lovely maternity clothes are in my attic just waiting for Jujube to come to fruition!

I can't wait to share Jellybean pictures as I will use any excuse to do just that! :)

June 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

I bet you were simply gorgeous pregnant :)

June 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this!!!

And by the way, I still MIGHT have a 3rd. And if I do, you KNOW I will tweet the labor!!!

June 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh Shell, babies are so yummy...

June 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Fantastic idea! Can't wait to participate. And thanks again for Rockin' the Bump!

June 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Kmama said...

Oh my goodness. This is going to make my uterus ache.

I am really going to have to try hard to pick only a few...I have so many baby favorites.

June 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Vi Win Win said...

OMG Shell, when I saw your tweet about baby fever I was just thinking how you should have a linkup with baby pics haha! This is so awesome! I can't wait to be apart of it!

June 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger The Random Blogette said...

Awesome! I am so with you about being jealous of everyone's bump but realizing I am not having anymore. Every time I think about how neat it would be to be pregnant again I realize that my kids are so independent now. I just couldn't imagine taking care of another baby. Plus my 9 month old niece was sleeping over the other night and she woke up crying. Jacob said "It was like murder hearing her scream like that." We were all downstairs and didn't hear her crying. I looked at Jake and said, "See! This is why we don't need another baby around here."

I can't wait to link up Paige's baby pic. It is scary! No joke! I even have a couple of Jake that his birth mom gave us. Shocking, I know.

June 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Oh I love this idea too! And you know as a new mom I have about a gazillion pictures!

And Shell, you know, maybe the 4th time will be the charm for a girl? You know I'm kidding. I'm in awe of anyone who has more than 1 kid.

June 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger MommaKiss said...

Sweet GAH, I have the BEST picture to post here.

also? You're a muthatruckin genius. Seriously. I bow to you and your blog savvy.

June 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Ohhh! I may just have a new baby by then to pimp out!

;)

June 20, 2011 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another great idea for a linky!

My hubs refuses to get the snip snip b/c he is a wimp wimp. So I'll be back on BCP after this baby comes. Ugh!

;-)

June 20, 2011 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

haha Shell, you're hilarious! Love all the reasons to have another baby; especially the extra blogging fodder, but laughed out loud at you tweeting your labour! This was such a great post...wish I had thought of it myself! :) But I didn't. 'Cause you're the brilliant one! This linky is so popular and yes, I have seen and heard the buzz, and I want to say, "That's Shell...I know her...sort of..."

June 20, 2011 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Hutch said...

I'm completely jealous of my friends rockin the bump as we head in to swimsuit season. My food baby can't compete!

June 20, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a totally cool idea. I got me some baby pictures. :)

June 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Kristin @ What She Said said...

My maternity clothes were way cuter than my regular clothes too! ::whispers:: I sometimes still wear them.

The link-up was fun! I haven't even gotten to visit a fraction of the blogs that joined in, but I had a blast with the ones I have been able to visit so far. Hope to keep working my way through them.

June 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger The Blonde Duck said...

It's so nice to see a positive pregnancy post!

How do you like the Iron King?

June 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Lourie said...

First I got to live vicariously through Emmy and her baby and now through my niece. Enjoy the quiet, and the lack of diapers. I do miss the fun parts of little people, but I don't miss diapers and spit up and only being able to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees. hahaha.

June 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Haha! I totally want more babies...yes plural. If I were younger...*sigh*

June 20, 2011 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'll tell you what really makes me want a baby...the BIG bows that I see on sweet baby girls. Love 'em!

June 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Kir said...

oh such a GREAT idea!!! Yea, I can't wait to link up!!!!

June 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Courtney K. said...

Woop! Excited for this next one. I didn't have professional photo's either...nor did I take month by month or week by week shots when I was pregnant with our son. But now that we are TTC a second child, I'm DETERMINED to do that. Oh! And I will totally be tweeting my labor this next time. Twitter wasn't around (or at least "normal" people didn't use it) when I had Little Man.

June 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Katie Hurley, LCSW said...

You're a linky genius! I can't wait for the baby one. And I felt the same way seeing all of those cute bumps!

June 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Not Just Another Jennifer said...

Aww, fun! I have TONS of cute baby pics because, well, I have the cutest babies! (ha!) See, your comment about evening things up is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to go for baby 3. I want an even number. And 4 just isn't an option!

June 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your list!! I see my youngest with his cousin and it makes me want another... for a little while... lol

June 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Rhiannon said...

omg you got me on full baby fever!!! I must have another baby!!

June 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I hated maternity clothes when I was pregnant...I looked like I was wearing a tent!

June 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Leighann said...

Fantastic idea!!

June 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Hall said...

The linky thing is fun. I'm totally in for the next one!

June 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I am with you on the wanting to be pregnant again. I miss the smells of a new baby, the lavender soap, the baby powder and nuzzling a sleeping baby after feeding.

But then I think, oh, it's so nice to not worry about diapers. My littlest will be 4 next month!

Looking forward to this next linky!! I've got alot of cute pics.

June 20, 2011 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh i love this. i have perpetual baby fever.

all. the. time.

June 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be so much fun!! Thanks for another great link-up.

Over 200 submissions... WOW! That's awesome. Congrats on all the traffic. You deserve it.

June 21, 2011 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

Oh man, I started hyperventilating when I was reading all the reasons you wanted another baby. LOL!!

Those are all great reasons BTW but the end part is the exact reason why I get over the baby fever pretty darn quick!!!

June 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

That link up was so much fun!

Oh Shell, you know I'll be linking up to this one too! And my baby fever? Through the roof! ;)

June 21, 2011 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

I sometimes get baby fever but then I remember I like my sleep more. So no more babies for me.

June 21, 2011 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

So funny! I think all of the baby pictures may encourage your baby fever. Maybe your next link-up should be pictures of the frazzled moms. :)

June 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I'll be 120 and STILL be with the baby fever.

LOVE this idea.

June 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

I look back and wish that I had taken those weekly belly shots and gotten a professional picture done.

Why didn't someone tell me to do those things?

I have looked at some of the links...and I am feeling the baby fever something fierce!

June 21, 2011 at 3:32 AM  
Blogger A Mommy in the City said...

Yay!!! Can't wait! This was such a fun link up.

June 21, 2011 at 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Business logo design said...

That's what i was looking for. I will definitely share it with others.

June 21, 2011 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger The Mommyologist said...

CUTE!! You are on a roll, girl! I have plenty of cute ones for this! I will be participating for sure.

June 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger KSK said...

I don't know if you do the whole awards thing.. but I left you one!
http://kskspot.blogspot.com/2011/06/awards-and-winnings.html

June 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Heather (One Take On Life) said...

I think I will always want another baby, I love babies. But I don't think another baby would satisfy that, I think it is just one of those feelings I will have. I am happy with our two.
But it is fun to dream isn't it?

June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just knowed it!

Seriously, I could relate to that desire to have another one, tempered with the ... "but the youngest is almost in school!"

Plus being 41 sorta nixes that.

June 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I totally go through the "should we or should we not" thing. But then I go visit my friend who just had a baby and I think oh this baby is so yummy and I look at her and think Oh mothering a newborn is so hard.

I will be digging up baby pics in the next couple of weeks!

June 21, 2011 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Mommyfriend Lori said...

SO with you! Can't wait to join the fun!

June 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger mypixieblog said...

I just wanted to add that I have thoroughly enjoyed all the "Rock the Bump" posts that I have read. All the pictures of you hot mommas have been awesome!

June 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger XLMIC said...

I loved the Rockin the Bump link up... and am looking forward to the Rockin the Baby one now, too :) What a great idea! YOU are rockin' :P

I hear you on the baby fever and being done at the same time... my baby is 2 and starts preschool this fall and my older three are all in school too. OMG. And I'm 48... so I'm really done.

June 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Amber_D said...

Whether I want another baby or not has been a recent obsession of mine. I agree it would be kind of fun to try Zumba with a belly. :) Too bad when I'm pregnant all I want to do is sit on the couch and eat chips.
This is a great idea, by the way! I saw the write up over on Babble. Congrats!

June 26, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

Can't wait to link up next month!

June 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Galit Breen said...

Eek! Hooray!! XO

June 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger MommaKiss said...

You're gonna remind me of this, right? Please? Begging here!

July 1, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home