< Things I Can't Say: I Thought the Gym Was Going to Kill Me

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Thought the Gym Was Going to Kill Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Thought the Gym Was Going to Kill Me















Labels:

76 Comments:

Blogger Crisc said...

Working out is hard work, hope you arent to sore

July 6, 2010 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Oka said...

Good Luck today!

July 6, 2010 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger The Mommyologist said...

Glad you are feeling better and can head back to the gym! You'll be back into a good routine in no time!

July 6, 2010 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can do it!

Sorry you are feeling under the weather. I hope you get better soon.

July 6, 2010 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Take it easy at the gym ;)

July 6, 2010 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Now I have yet another reason for not going to the gym - it causes illness! Thank you for adding to my list of excuses!

July 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Glad you are feeling better! I've been going faithfully 2-3 times a week all school-year and running a 5K. That's come to a screeching halt now that the kids are home for the summer...I intend to 30-day shred at home, but that hasn't happened yet... and my mom called me fat last week! Oh the joy! :)

July 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That is hysterical...you probably thought they gym was actually trying to kill you! Either way, I hope you're feeling better now.

I got off the treadmill the other day (I typically stick with the elliptical) and I was totally dizzy...almost fell over...like when you get off a boat after a while. It was embarrassing! I almost ran into someone walking in the opposite direction...damn treadmill!

July 6, 2010 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You had me laughing out loud with this post!!! Good luck at the gym today!!

July 6, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Pamela Gold said...

Feeling that out of shape does suck so I'm glad you had a fever too! I need someone to kick my ass into gear to workout.... SO unmotivated!

July 6, 2010 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger tessica said...

haha good for you going to the gym! i always seem to have the best of intentions!
no fun with a fever though!!

July 6, 2010 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Good luck girl.....burn some calories for me while your there :O)

July 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe. I start Zumba next week. Oh girl, I feel ya.

July 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

Ok that last post it should not be read with coffee in thy mouth.

Just sayin

July 6, 2010 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad it wasn't the gym but sorry you got ill. Hope your feeling better now :) Have a great week.

July 6, 2010 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Evonne said...

You had me reconsidering a gym membership when my kids are both in school because I am no where near in shape!

It's good to know you're not that out of shape. Not that being sick is any better. Good luck at the gym!

July 6, 2010 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Katina said...

girrrl I feel ya! I teach Zumba and with camp and the Holiday, I took 2 weeks off and ate like a P-I-G Hog! When I went back to the gym yesterday, I could barely move! Keep at it!!

July 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger MommyLovesStilettos said...

Hope you are feeling better!!!

July 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Jene said...

Working out when you're sick is the worst! At least you can blame your poor performance on the fever :) Hope today goes better for you.

July 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be on the watch for you today. Don't hurt yourself at the gym.

July 6, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Kmama said...

Sorry you were sick, but like you, I thought it was better to be sick than that out of shape! LOL

For me though, it would be that I'm that out of shape!

July 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Not that I would EVER laugh at you for being sick, but LOLOLOLOL!!!

July 6, 2010 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger rachel... said...

Oh, glad you're feeling well enough to work out again! Good luck! I just started working out last week for the first time in, like... EVER, and I swear to god, I really, truly thought I might die afterward!

July 6, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger KristinFilut said...

I'll BBM you in an hour or two and see if you're still kicking...

July 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh not a good weekend to get sick on hun. Glad you are feeling better though and I will watch for your tweets lol

July 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger BNM said...

omg hope you are feeling better now!!

July 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

That's crazy.... I bet you were relieved. Now I would have just faked sickness to be able to never return to the gym again. That is why Hans hates me....

July 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Heidi of Operation Organization said...

Probably one of the only times you've been releived to be sick, huh? Get well soon and kick some bootay at your gym!!! :)

July 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Daisygirl said...

Well crap...sucks about the fever! Though when I first started working out I felt super dizzy and realized it was Vertigo...getting old sucks!

Good luck at the Gym!!!

July 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Be safe! The gym can be detrimental to your health! ;)

July 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Cheryl D. said...

Start slow and don't overdo it! Take care and have fun!

July 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

GOOD LUCK!! I've been off the gym for the past 2 weeks due to a stupid cold that has killed any chance of a good night's sleep. I need to get back.

Happy PINT

July 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Hope it all goes well today=0)

xoxo,
Carol

July 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Jules AF said...

Does it sound bad if I say, "I'm glad it was a fever"?

July 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! Not the getting sick part though :(

July 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Salt said...

Be careful!!! :)
I'm sorry about your fever and I hope you feel better and that your workout today is awesome.

July 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger liz said...

Sorry you were sick, though I can see why you were happy that was the reason. Hope today went better for you!

July 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was reading your post its, I was thinking, I wonder if she was just sick. So while I'm not happy you were, I'm also relieved for you that you were.
I need to go work out too. Ugh!

July 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Yes, I was so sore from doing seriously wimpy Wii stuff the other day. I thought, "I either need to never do that again or do it a lot more. A lot."

July 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger The Random Blogette said...

Oh no! So glad that you are feeling better though! I need to hop back on the workout train myself. My last 15 lbs aren't going to just come off by themselves!

July 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Mellodee said...

You probably picked up some flu-thing at the gym....all those different germs lurking on the equipment!! Yep, that'd be enough for me to swear off gyms forever. I'd rather be fat than sick! ;)

July 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I put my kids to bed at 8:00 last night and David made out like I was cruel for putting them to bed before dark. You get to put yours to bed at 7:30????

And I wrote about exercise today too. And how I almost got attacked by wolves. In my sleep.

July 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Las Vegas Mama said...

Ah the gym.... I have a love-hate relationship with exercise, but I think the hate part stems from the fact that I dont know how to exercise half way. I have to run 3 miles or I feel like a failure. So I just don't exercise ;)

July 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle Pixie said...

Oh you poor thing! I am glad you are feeling well enough to go to the gym.

July 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL well good thing you weren't as out of shape as you thought, glad you're feelin better!

July 6, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Nancy C said...

Ick! What a relief, though. Go get, 'em.

July 6, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger JoJo said...

so impressed with your motivation to work out! I'm lucky if I manage to walk up the stairs without having to catch my breath. If you have fever though that's probably your bodies way of telling you that you need to rest. Don't overwork yourself girl!

July 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Sonora said...

Oh geez, isn't that just like a mom to not realize WE are sick. I think we get used to a certain level of feeling run down. I'm glad you aren't that out of shape (go you, I haven't been to the gym in closer to 10 years) but I'm sorry you were sick. I hope this time goes better than last!

July 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger One Photo said...

Oh my! Well I guess it was good news it was a fever and not just being out of shape :-) I hope things go better today!

July 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger cheri said...

you may still be out of shape, but at least, your fever broke...

July 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Is it safe to say, glad you were just sick and not out of shape? Glad to hear that you're trying again today. Keep up the good work!!

July 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

This time we will be sure to send help! lol

It is pretty bad when you re happy to fins out you are sick. I may or may not have experienced a similar thing after I tried to return to pilates.

July 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Lily Dawn said...

Good luck!! Working out sucks a whole lot, but it is so worth it when you start seeing and feeling the positive changes =)

July 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah - I don't think the working out would ever cause that kind of fever!

July 6, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

For a second there I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant! That's kind of how I found out I was pg with my third: I could barely run three miles, when I'd just finished a marathon a month before. It was so weird! But then I found out why I was soooo tired...

July 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Lourie said...

Oh man! So sorry you were sick. Since you are going back, I hope that means you are well!

July 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger MommyLisa said...

Oh my sweet baby Jesus that was funny that post it series right there.

P.S. I was sure you were going to say you were knocked up too!

July 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy cow chica! That's one heck of a fever.

Hope you're feeling better--and go you for going back to the gym!

July 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Thank God for being sick!

I would have thought the exact same thing.

Hope you are feeling better!

July 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! I love how you ended with that same post it. Too funny! I remember the first time I got on the elyptical last year. It could have won a funniest home video prize! I was peddling backwards, and lasted for all of two minutes. So sad! Keep it up! :)

July 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it goes better this time! LOL

July 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Liz Mays said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better and that your next workout is a success!

July 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just showing up at the gym is half the battle. Stay motivated chickie!

July 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger shortmama said...

Hopefully you suffered through it better today!

July 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Just remember...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I'll keep trying to remember that too!

July 6, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Yellow House Knits said...

Ugh! So sorry you're sick! Rest up and when you hit the gym again, you'll be so impressed with how much you've improved!

July 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW hope you feel better! Really enjoyed your Post Its! It sure is a fun and different way to post! :)

Marti

July 6, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Buffee said...

Hope you're feeling better!

That's some funny stuff, reposting the same note! LOL!!

July 6, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Not Your Cookie Cutter Blog said...

Love your blog! Love the idea of "things I can't say."

My husband and I just started a blog because our marriage has been going through some rough spots and it just feels so good to get our thoughts out there.

Thanks for having blogs like this so that in entices others to not keep everything inside.

July 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh you poor thing! Kind of glad you were sick though!

Does the gym offer Zumba?? Try it!! :-)

July 6, 2010 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Susie B. Homemaker said...

Thanks for stopping by... I'm visiting from PINT (a little late). :p Sorry to hear you were sick, love the SEND HELP!!!!!!! post-it at the end. :D

July 7, 2010 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger MommaKiss said...

ok, how did it go? and please tell me i didn't give you strep. Just a cold - hoping!!!

July 7, 2010 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Frugal Vicki said...

I am just waiting for Big Brother to start. I figure all that panting over hot boys counts as exercise.

July 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Robyn Lee said...

Oh no!! Isn't it sad that as women, you'd be happier that you were sick instead of just out of shape? (because, I would've felt the SAME WAY! : ) GOOD LUCK heading back to the gym!

July 8, 2010 at 2:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

At least you can blame it on the fever. Something is going around here. My sister in law came down with a fever the other night...hope you are feeling better.

July 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Mandee said...

Oh no! Well I'm glad it wasn't that you were that out of shape, but sorry to hear you were sick. Hope your next trip to the gym went well. :)

July 8, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home