< Things I Can't Say: Pour Your Heart Out With Me

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pour Your Heart Out With Me

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out With Me

About once a week, I tend to really pour my heart out to you about something that is important to me or that I feel really strongly about.



 
I've written about marriage, religion, anger, the struggles I've had with my middle son, body image, and sex,   just to name a few.
 
And I love your support on those posts.
 
I love how many of you end up saying "Me, too!"
 
I love having a place to pour my heart out.
 
So, I'm actually going to start my own blog carnival in case any of you want to pour your hearts out, too.
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the Rules:

Pour Your Heart Out
Wednesdays

Write a post from the heart.

Something that has been weighing on you.

Something you feel passionately about.

Something you've been wanting to talk about.

A cause, a memory, a belief, a world view.



Anything.



I don't want to assign you a topic because I really want this to be from your heart.



Though, if you are stumped, read some of the posts that are linked, and get ideas from there!



Grab my new button for your post and link up!



I hate that I even have to say this, but, whether you are participating or just reading, please keep in mind that the people linking really are sharing something from the heart. So, please, BE RESPECTFUL. We might not agree with each other, but we can all accept someone's right to have a different opinion than we do and NOT attack someone because of this. Play nice. :)

Labels:

67 Comments:

Blogger BNM said...

Great Idea :)

March 14, 2010 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Leiah said...

This is a fabulous idea ~ love it!

March 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Sugar Bear said...

Oh yea! I always seem to write my serious posts on Wednesdays...so I'll be linking up.

;o)

March 14, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea :)

March 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love love LOVE it!

Great idea!

March 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Stasha said...

I like this idea!

Guess my post today could be considered pouring my heart out...

March 14, 2010 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

What a great idea! I will try to join in!

March 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Jayme said...

This is such a good idea! I notice I get like that about once a week too... must be a female hormonal response LOL

March 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Vodka Logic said...

good idea, there are so many things to be passionate about.

March 14, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Cool idea!

March 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Foursons said...

Great idea and I love the button!

March 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Amber Filkins said...

That's a great idea!

March 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Fabulous idea!!

March 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger The Mommyologist said...

Cute idea!! I am sure that people will jump on board! I wish it was on a different day then Wed. since I have WTH? Wednesday every week and then I could take part!

March 14, 2010 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Angelia said...

Great idea! I have a months worth of posts in my head already!

March 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhh another carnival I have to play in.. and a new button to add to my side bar of carnivals to peruse...

March 14, 2010 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Frugal Vicki said...

That is a great idea! I will add it to my list of meme's!
I didn't know you were a Macaroni Kid PM, too!

March 14, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an awesome idea! I love it

March 14, 2010 at 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea Shell! Looking forward to it.

March 14, 2010 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

totally love this idea...i am linking up on wednesday!

March 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love this Shell. There are a couple things I would like to talk about but didn't know how to throw it out there. This might be that opportunity. I have something this Wednesday but the following Wednesday I am in. :)

March 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Great idea! Found my way to you from "A Daily Scoop of Chaos". Looking forward to getting to know you! "Motherbitches" seriously made me laugh out loud! xoxox

March 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love this, am looking forward to seeing the posts :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

March 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so smart! I'm sure I can come up with a good post or 14.

March 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger RN Mama said...

What a great idea Shell! I'm a little bummed that I might not participate this week though, because I have a St. Patrick's Day post all planned for Wednesday! Oh well, count on me next week!

March 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good idea... cause sometimes you just need to get it all out.

March 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds cool- will be back on Weds!

March 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Micek said...

YAY!! Can't wait!! :)

March 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great idea, and like you said- whether you agree or not, know that it is an issue close to others hearts, and that we can all learn from eachother and other's points of view.

March 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a fanastic idea! I'll have to think of something worthy of a heart pouring before then!

March 14, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a fanastic idea! I'll have to think of something worthy of a heart pouring before then!

March 14, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Kmama said...

I love this option for Wednesdays!!

March 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

May I wear the mask while I am confessing? It makes me feel more secure?!lol

I love the idea---it is so good to hear others say: "been there done that"!

March 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) This is a cute idea... when I get back from vacation I will have to remember to join in. Of course I need to remember that a few people who know me are reading. At times I wish I could be truly anonymous

March 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Gabby Malcuit said...

Sounds like a good idea!

March 14, 2010 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Amaprincess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog! I just followed it! Can't wait to read it in the future!

March 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this idea Shell!

March 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to share passions! Can't promise that Wed. will be my passionate day, but definitely looking forward to what others have to say.

Thanks for your comment, Shell.

March 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That's a wonderful idea! I don't know that I'll link up but I'll definitely read some. That's what happens when your mom and in-laws read your blog, you can't always pour your heart out like you want:( Thinking about making myself a secret venting blog that no member of my family knows about.

March 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger adrienzgirl said...

I love your disclaimer at the bottom to remind people to be respectful. Well, I love it and I hate it. It's ridiculous that you have to remind people to be respectful of feelings.

I will enjoy reading these posts. I enjoy your posts most when you are sharing your heart!

March 15, 2010 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger Frugal Vicki said...

I'm glad you fixed the button, I was coming back to tell you about it and there it was! I have it up on my list of meme's.
And if you want to join another, I have a new one for mommy moment Monday's.

March 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OOh I can't wait!

March 15, 2010 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really enjoy heartfelt posts, and I agree with Brandee/Think Tank Momma....sad that we have to remind people, but I do hope everyone will be respectful of one another.

I will have to start thinking about this one...and maybe see some of other people's stuff to help inspire me....

March 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger ~Bry~ said...

Yes....sounds good!

March 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great idea.

March 16, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Corrie Howe said...

I love the button for your carnival. It sounds like a great idea. And it looks like you'll have lots of support.

March 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Lothiriel said...

I'M LOVING IT!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea Shell!!! I'm definitely going to do this tomorrow!!! Can't wait.

March 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a great idea!! PERFECT for me to participate in today.

March 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Laurel said...

I absolutely love this! I've been reading at this on Tessica's Blog (http://momyawp.blogspot.com) and I did my first post today. Thank you!

April 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I posted my first one today! Check it out! (http://imarockabillymama.blogspot.com)

April 14, 2010 at 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wanting to participate in this and now I finally am

http://lawlover1.blogspot.com/2010/06/pour-your-heart-out.html

June 30, 2010 at 1:17 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I did it! i posted one! I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about it though! I'm not one to post from my heart or anything "personal" on my blog or Facebook (except my personal one), or twitter. Just not something i like doing. but people keep insisting i should do it more. So i guess this is a way i can! Thanks!

http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com

June 30, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

There are so many thing weighing my heart down that I would love to post alot! Thanks for this !
http://pegsplay.blogspot.com/
mattternu@gmail.com

July 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Mandy Fischle said...

This is such a wonderful idea!! I found your blog throught the SITS blog and I love it! You are such a great writer. I am totally new to the blogging world and have only done a few posts but I'm starting to see what it is all about. I'll be following!! Check mine out if you want. http://mandyslifehappens.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the great idea!!

July 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I posted today! Thanks for this because I find it easier!!
I hope I did it right and linked back to you!
Thanks

July 21, 2010 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger Epiphany said...

Love it! I don't always do it on Wednesday, but I do. Stop by!

July 30, 2010 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger natalee said...

great idea!!!

August 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Tonjia said...

count me in!!!

August 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally gonna do this.

September 23, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Petite sorcière said...

Thanks for sharing this, I guess I needed to see that, because whenever I let myself shut and too silent for too long I have an urge for words and passionate thoughts!
But I've already blogged today so next wednesday for sure ;)

October 20, 2010 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger The Nice One said...

This is SUCH A GOOD IDEA.
I am really NEEDING to do this.

November 18, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Lady Estrogen said...

Love it. I hope to join in next week :)

adventuresinestrogen.blogspot.com

January 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Naomi Taylor said...

Awesome! I'm joining! I'm a pour-your-heart-out kinda girl.

June 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Vidya Sury said...

What a lovely idea. Like a virtual support group. I'd like to know if it is acceptable to link to a post I wrote some time back on one of my blogs.

September 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM  
Anonymous Cody Sanantonio said...

Fantastic - a chance to cut through the fluff! I love honest discourse - looking forward.

November 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home